Monday, July 09, 2007

Eat your heart out J.R. Hartley

08072007641
While hipsters are still enjoying their fixed gear bicycles, I've already moved on to the next big thing: fly fishing. Between my father, the GF, and myself we landed 14 brown trout on the Avon this Sunday, including this kraken-esque monster. I can already sense that fly fishing has all the elements of an incipient obsession: lots of expensive kit, the enormous satisfaction of mastering an age-old skill, and the competition of trying to beat your own previous record. Add in the nerdy compulsion of collecting and tying your own flies and I'm completlely sold. (Non-UK readers might like to note that the title of this post is a reference to a much loved British ad from almost 25 years ago.)

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]