Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Links for 16/05/07

  • Os Gemeos and other Brazilian writers are spending a month redecorating Kelburn Castle in Scotland. This video is a timelapse of their first 3 days' work. link (via)
  • Truffle oil is made from 2,4-dithiapentane and olive oil, without any real truffle.
    “I used to use white truffle oil a lot, but now I only use a little bit in my liquid black truffle ravioli,” Grant Achatz of Alinea in Chicago told me. “It adds a little more perfume, a slightly different flavor. I cut my teeth cooking at the French Laundry, and when we were using truffles there was always a bottle close by. But after I was on my own for a while I started to ask myself why I was using it, and I didn’t have a good answer. It doesn’t even taste like truffle.”
    The NYT on truffle oil's unshakeable synthetic grip on restauranteurs.
  • The new Ricky Powell Issue of Arkitip comes with "Ricky's Italian Espresso Coffee Blend(Makes 10, 12 cups of coffee)" produced exclusively for Arkitip. Most unusual magazine freebie ever?
  • The Briefbox, a briefcase camoflaged as a boombox.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]