Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Problem with DRM

The whole internets seem to be in a froth about Steve Job's plans to ditch DRM. I want to go on record as saying I couldn't possibly care any less about DRM. If I want to buy DRM free music, I can, from a record store. And if I want to steal DRM free music, I can, via BitTorrent. Why anyone would bother to buy music from iTunes is a mystery to me, and I'm not going to waste one second worrying about digital restrictions placed on people who do choose to buy from iTunes. On my first day at secondary school an older kid said to me "There's no problem with drugs here....you can get anything you want.", and that's exactly how I feel about DRM.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]