Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Where the Dickens have I been? (Part 1)

My list of cities visited November 06-Jan 07 is mighty swish:

London
Bangkok (just a brief sojourn in the new airport)
Christchurch
Sydney (8 hours of tedium, as I had no visa to leave the airport)
Hong Kong
London
Maidenhead (not quite as glam as the others)
Capetown
London

Hong Kong and Cape Town were holidays, while Christchurch was for business. I was at the International Continence Society Annual Meeting. It was busy, and I never managed to leave town at all. I did become the joint inaugural winner of the Ferring Water Prize, and am consequently now the "Young Investigator of the Year". Since I turn 30 in 8 weeks, I qualified as "Young" by virtue of being within 10 years of graduation. My winning abstract is reproduced here. However for the full multimedia experience you can enjoy the webcast of my presentation, complete with slides, here. Self-recommendation is no recommendation, but it is quite an interesting talk, particularly the bit at 4min 32s where I appear to ingest a fly.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]