Friday, January 19, 2007

The definitive Dr Pepper

I have tasted a Dr Pepper in every bar I have ever been to that offers such a cocktail. It therefore came as a shock to me to discover that FREVD (aka Freud) serves a remarkable, perhaps unbeatable version of said drink. The exact recipe remains a secret of sorts, but having observed the barmen in action on a number of occasions this evening, I can hazard an approximation:

3/4 fill a 14 ounce Collins glass with ice cubes.
Pour over
1 and a 1/2 ounces of amaretto
1 ounce each of Morgan Spiced Rum, Galliano, and Chambord
Top with Coke
Stir briefly and serve

My previous comments suggesting that the "gustatory authenticity" of the Flaming Dr Pepper is outweighed by "the danger and drama of the drinking" are overturned. I declare the FREVD Dr Pepper my new favourite cocktail.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]