Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I've been engaged in an orgy of fine dining over the last 10 days. It's been hard to drag myself back from the heady heights of culinary perfection, back to the drudgery of blogging. I'm off again on my travels on Friday, but will attempt to blog the sights and sounds of the "International Continence Society Meeting 2006" from the road. It won't have the glamour of SXSW, but it ought (at least for me) to be more interesting than the average Burning Man recollection.

  • I'm in Hong Kong the week after next, and I did feel that I really needed a Wii, until I read this:
    While many fret over the high cost and price of the PS3 compared to the competition, iSuppli believes the console provides more processing power and capability than any consumer electronics device in history. Because of this, the PlayStation 3 is a great bargain, well worth its US$599 price and US$840.35 cost, iSuppli believes
  • (via Robowis2)

  • Dice stacking, the latest YouTube sensation. David Blaine parodies, the even latester sensation. (both via linkbunnies)
  • Supper at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon on Monday was sensational. I'm struggling to think of a better meal I've had anywhere ever. My flickr set is up now, with each spectacular course lovingly documented. I'd go as far as to say that my pictures of the GF's pudding are unmissable. It was really that good.
  • Heston Blumenthal is taking a general pasting from the UK press. These examples from Private Eye and The Digested Read set the tone.
  • Chunky extract from the new Pynchon for those that can't wait.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]