Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Into the Maelstrom

I squandered half my day trying to boot Windows ME using Parallels on my MacBook. Most of that time was spent hanging on the phone to an Indian call-centre trying to get a working product key. I've been moaning that my MacBook is slower than my old iBook G4 at lots of things, including Office; but compared to the Microsoft user experience, it's like a dream.
I squandered some of the day making minor changes to the Wikipedia Heavy Metal Umlaut page, regarding the gratuitousness of the Röyksopp umlaut; and squandered the rest of it rediscovering the Asteroids clone Maelstrom. I almost failed my first degree on account of Maelstrom, and it's a delight to remember how awesome it is.
Bonus fact of the day: the word "maelstrom" is named for the world's largest whirlpool in Norway, known locally as the Moskstraumen

Tags:



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]