Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Z-list Pleasures

Most of the time writing a z-list blog is like screaming into the void. Nobody much comments, and the hit counter just rambles along of its own accord. On Monday though I wrote about Zidane, and why I was still impressed by him. As a consequence of that post, casually dashed off during a 5 minute break, I got kottkedotted, (qv this), and from there my quoted paragraph spread to football forums around the world. To the nearest order of magnitude, I would guess my little defence of headbutting was read by 100,000 people. That number might be small beans to a real "MSM" print journalist, but it feels like a lot to me. If you are still sitting on the fence, thinking you wouldn't enjoy blogging, then take it as a firm commendation, that almost 3 years after I started, blogging still has the power to really excite me.

Tags:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]