Monday, May 08, 2006


  • I somehow forgot ever to blog about Jean-Marc Mathieu-Lajoie. He's a Quebecer artist, who uses commercial jigsaw puzzles to make his pieces. He blends and literally remixes the puzzles to create new images. Not only is he pushing the technical limits of an unusual medium, but his work is emotionally and intellectually complex. (more images here)
  • If you are sick of seeing others profit from your content, read Slavery 2.0. It's a devastating essay on the merits of taking your data back from Flickr et al. If you're sick of me monetising my blog, I urge you to click my Google Ads, so I can reach my first $100 pay out, and be done with them.
  • Howto: build your own cruise missile, from commonly available parts.
  • WOTD: Nuraghe, which is a bronze-age stone pyramid, seen all over Sardinia. They conceal huge domed chambers, corridors, and staircases, and no-one seems to know what they were for. We were particularly struck by the Sacred Well of Santa Cristina, which looks exactly like something off the set of 2001. Related WOTD: tholos.
  • Ordering off-menu at Starbucks.
  • While the wait for GDrive continues, check out Orcaa, a web based desktop. (I realise that link may be at odds with my anti-2.0 comments above.)
  • Tags: , , ,


    Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]