Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm sure I've complained of this before, but as Spring actually gets underway, I tend to lose interest in the internet. I've been spending more and more time outside, gardening, running, and tending to the beehives, and less time trawling the marginalia of the web. In this spirit I have come up with a mystery organic object for you. No clues allowed, first person to identify this oddity wins only kudos.

Some words of the day:
  • Carucate: the area of land a team of 8 oxen could plow in one year
  • Ukase, which appeared in today's Guardian crossword as "This country at sea over Russian edict" (5)
  • Tautonym, an animal or plant whose genus and species name are the same, as in Bufo bufo.
  • Tags: ,


    Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]