Monday, April 24, 2006

The BBC Apostrophe

I think the momentous day has finally happened, when as first suggested by Bernard Shaw, we have abandoned the apostrophe. Coming home from work I was flabbergasted by the startling banner in the window of Iceland:
"That's why mums gone to Iceland"
However on getting home, something much worse happened. BBC News 24 are running a story about the closure of a TVR factory, with the ticker headlines reading:
"Firm says its looking for a new site. It wont be in Liverpool."
BBC internships are a highly competitive affair, so I'm sure they only hire the literate. The bastion of our dear octagenarian Queen's English has thus apparently abandoned the apostrophe. I've registered my complaint at the Apostrophe Protection Society.

Tags: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]