Friday, February 03, 2006

I started this blog during some downtime, in the middle of a labour ward night-shift in October 2003. In fact until April last year, I wrote most of it during quiet moments between deliveries. For the last 9 months I've been doing a research job, with lots of clinical work, but no emergencies. The job has a 9-5ish routine and I've been loving it. During the last 9 months I'd persuaded myself that I didn't enjoy labour ward anymore. Tonight by chance I got offered a labour ward shift, following on immediately from my day-shift. Somehow I'd forgotten how much I love labour ward too. It feels great to be up in the middle of the night, eating greasy takeaway food, posting rubbish on the internet, and delivering the occasional baby. I'm happier knowing that I'm not entirely a 9-5 kind of guy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]