Sunday, December 11, 2005

Making my own custom Nike Dunks
Some people were less than kind about my planned design for a custom Dunk. I took their critcisms on board and planned something equally gauche. I gathered my materials: Liquitex paint, mock-croc leather, craft knife, sable brushes, masking tape and fluid, and entirely white Dunks sourced from Foot Locker.
Step one: Neatly cut mock-croc leather into the shape required around the 4 swooshes. This was a fiddly tough job, and I haven't got any tips except dogged patience and persistence.
Step two: extremely careful masking and painting of the requisite bits of leather. You need two coats to get an even finish all around. I choose gold swooshes, gold stripes on the heel, and crimson around the large heel panel.
Step three: Stick down the leather parts using latex glue. Sit back and admire. All I need now is to choose some laces to set off my colour scheme. I'm thinking gold might be what's required.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]