Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Rake's predicament (6)
I fell off a bike today. Not just a little tumble, but a full-tilt over-the-handlebars flip on to the asphalt. I was riding my brother's track bike, that strangely lacks gears, or a back brake. Cruising around Oval in the pre-dawn half-light I clipped the kerb and ill-advisedly slammed on my one front brake. I was hurtling off before I'd even had time to be really afraid. A helmet saved my head, and instinct saved my scaphoids from any lasting damage. All four limbs are missing at least some dermis though. There's nothing quite like almost dying to make you feel alive.
The crossword clue above is by Paul, from yesterday's Guardian: SCRAPE.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]