Monday, October 17, 2005

I got my ass kicked by a girl
I ran the Nike "Run London" 10k around Hyde Park on Sunday. Paula Radcliffe was running in the same race. I was stuck in the crowd with 5,000 other muppets, so she got about a 2 min 30 secs headstart on me. As I trotted past the 4km marker, she came screaming by in the other direction, at about 7km into her race. She finished in 32 min 10 secs, whereas I got around in 51 min 4 secs. Despite the fact that I'm a full 66% slower than Paula, I still ranked 6,000th out of 33 thousand runners. The evidence is here. I'm the one in the red t-shirt. (No really I am, squint hard at 36.59, and see me cruise over the finish line).

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]