Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I've managed to eat at three Michelin starred restaurants in the course of a week, (Maze, Noma, Northcote Manor). However my real culinary highlight is planned as a trip to Masa at the end of the month. The $350 set menu has been touted as the world's most expensive meal. Fortunately I'm just going to eat at the sushi bar. However today the Guardian point out that Umu is more expensive. £240 really strikes me as a lot, for one set menu. For that price I could get supper and a room at Hiiragiya Ryokan in Kyoto, and really live out my Kill Bill fantasies. I've never been to Umu, thanks to a deliciously harsh review in the Sunday Times, and I guess I won't ever be going now.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]