Monday, August 22, 2005

Guerrilla Gillette Clinical Trial
A combination of the transexual shaving foam , and the Guardian feature on bad science in the cosmetics industry, prompted me to wonder why I spend so very much on Gillette razor blades. My current blade of choice costs an astonishing £7.98 for four blades at Boots. I'm absolutely unclear if the blades (M3 Nitro) are any better than previous Gillette offerings the Mach 3, and Mach 3 Turbo. I figured since Gillette clearly aren't doing any real science to demonstrate that their monstrously expensive blades are "worth it", perhaps I could do the science for them. I'm proposing a user-led single blind controlled clinical trial of Gillette's blades. If you'd like to be a subject in my trial, you'll get four free razor blades, a questionnaire asking if you can identify the different blades, and a rating questionnaire for each blade. You'll have to use the blades sequentially for 1 week each. As I'm not getting any funding from Gillette for this (obvs!) you'll have to supply your own razor handle. Although the tagline is "the best a man can get", I'm looking to recruit men and women, and would like a mix of Gillette naive users and experienced Gillette heads. Feel free to sign up, or make suggestions for my nascent research protocol via the comments.

  • Protopage, a custom internet startpage for the HTML illiterate.
  • Rad greasemonkey Gmail preview bubbles hack.
  • Best tag ever (Top two images)?
  • More home mecha madness. Probably a repost, but so cool.
  • Office Space, almost the entire movie in WAVs.
  • Incredible gas saving device. Ingenious! Now we no longer have to fear global warming.
  • A-HAAARGH!, what a way to discover that you've impregnated Courtney Love.
  • This Spartan Life is so unbelievably the most modern thing that has ever existed. It makes me want to go back on X-Box Live, just so I can crash their machinima talk show and kill them all. Brilliant.
  • Some other buzzworthy stuff: The Under 5s (a band), Christopher Walken (a presidential candidate), Thumbsucker (a Mike Mills movie, (check out Paperboys before this opens, so you can pretend you were already cool)), Giganticide (a religious/lexicographic magazine), The Warriors (a computer game, just 26 years after the movie opened.)

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]