Thursday, July 07, 2005

My entire hospital has managed to turf all its inpatients, and defer all its outpatient appointments. As yet though, I believe we've only seen a handful of patients with cuts and bruises. The informal doctor's grapevine has suggested major action going on at The Royal London, UCH, St Mary's and St Thomas'. The BBC's report from Whitechapel said they had 6 trauma theatres running at once, dealing mostly with burns. I also heard that all elective work had been suspended at Guy's, so surgeons could get across to St Thomas'. We in turn are expecting all tonight's obstetric cases at Tommies to come across to our labour ward. Luckily I'm not required. My main concern now is getting home. I'm officially stepping my alert level down to amber.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]