Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My Diet Coke Habit, July 2005
About a month ago I stopped drinking alcohol. Not in the hardcore AA, total abstinence way. I just haven't bought a drink, or had more than one drink in an evening. As a result of this I've been drinking more Diet Coke than ever. I have this weird thingy where I get a lot of ventricular ectopics, so I kinda promised my cardiologist I'd cut back on the caffeine. After a particularly sober visit to the K-Bar I realised I'd spent over £30 in one night on Diet Coke. I resolved to quit:

This is not the first or even the second time I've tried to quit caffeine. However this time my resolve has been strengthened by the discovery that aspartame is carcinogenic to female rats. I hate Coke Light and its dangerous sounding caecal enlarging saccharin. Even that sweet sweet Coke C2 is off the menu, with its blend of aspartame, acesulfame K, and good old sucralose. I feel terrible, but at least I'm healthy.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]