Thursday, June 23, 2005

My Ideal Gadget...almost a reality.
For 94% of my day, I really don't need any gadget support. I'm hardly ever out of reach of a PC/Mac with either wireless broadband, or a healthy wired T1 connection. However when I'm commuting to and from work I'd like a gadget that can: play music, preferably new podcasts; view the entire online Guardian, including the crossword; playback some broadcatched TV shows (I'm thinking maybe Mythbusters, or The Real O.C.); and provide decent web access for email, without horrendous data charges.
Suddenly all this seems like a distinct possibility, via that little gem, the PSP. PSP Homebrew seems to be producing new applications and hacks every day, O2 are finally bringing iMode to the UK, and it's going to work on the underground, and what's more Odeo finally launched, and it makes podcasting worthwhile.
Hooray for all the nerds that have made this possible.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]