Thursday, May 26, 2005

Over at BB there's a recent post about detrusor overactivity. For once this is something I actually know about, because I spend all my time diagnosing and treating it. Cory blogs about it, as if it were some kind of incredible breaking news, just as he might blog a new Disney auction, or a zany development in copyright law. There's nothing desperately wrong with the article, or with his post, but it sure isn't any kind of news. It made me realise that one of the problems with bloggers is that everyone tries to write expertly on things they know nothing about. Everyone aspires to journalistic quality, but in fact depend on second hand research and an abundance of hasty opinion. Maybe that shouldn't be a surprise. I thought I'd take this opportunity to correct some recent errors in my blogging judgement:

Corrections
The Space Pen is actually the best pen ever. I've started to dream about its glossy goodness. It has become my biro of choice for the Guardian crossword.

Lumines is not in point of fact the best game ever. Becoming "Lumines" is very very sweet, but overall the game lacks depth. It took me about 20 hours of gameplay to crack it, and much of that was too monotonous.

Nokia Sensor is not a killer app. But only because no-one has it running on their phones. I tried really hard to find fellow users, but I've drawn a blank everywhere from Fabric to the Apple Store.

The Blackfriars pigeons do sometimes ride the trains, but mostly the influx of last minute commuters shoos them off before they get caught inside the carriage.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]