Tuesday, May 31, 2005

My Vietnamese visa finally came through from the embassy. Without it I was going to be spending 2 weeks in techno friendly Singapore, blogging my sneaker pick ups. With it, I'll be spending 2 weeks in techno poor Vietnam. This leaves the post of guest blogger open from June 6th for a fortnight. Previous highly esteemed guest bloggers Jonky Cat, Nixta, DJ Waxy Fresh, and DJ Beez, have all gone on to acheive great things. Usually my call for a guest blogger is met with stunned apathy, so I'd like to stress that you (a.) Don't have to be a DJ, (b.) Don't have to be a blogger (yet), (c.) Don't necessarily have to actually know me in person, so long as you are at least a sporadic commenter, and (d.) Repeat guest blogging is also entirely welcome if your name features above. Brave souls should venture their names to rufus at howithappened dot com. In the entirely unexpected event of there being more than one applicant, I reserve the right to appoint twin guest bloggers.

  • Brilliant New Yorker article about Golden Gate Bridge suicides. Full of good tidbits.
  • Great list of mini science experiments / body hacks.
  • I saw fantastic bumblebee nests at Chelsea Flower Show, on sale with queens for £50. It was absolutely captivating to watch the giant queens wandering over their combs. Utterly recommended.
  • My Star Wars correspondant, Yoel, points out two less than contemporaneous lists of additions to the "Ultimate SW DVD set". I'm highly skeptical that Greedo will ever shoot second again.
  • Finally via /. a funny Gamer's Manifesto for next gen games: no crates, more maps, more saving, less post apocalyptic settings.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]