Tuesday, April 05, 2005

In the run up to getting my new job I asked advice from lots of consultants. When I told them what I was applying for, they universally made a sharp intake of breath before warning me of how insanely hard I was going to have to work. The job does involve extremely long hours, so I think it's imperative that I reach new heights of efficiency and organisation. To this end I have:

  • Ordered a Moleskine Diary.
  • Built my first hipster PDA.
  • Started wearing a USB memory dongle on a lanyard. (That seems to be the real mark of status among us nerdy research registrars. I caught my senior colleague eyeing up this 80Gb "dongle" today.)
  • Been kindly given a super sweet Cross Ion Pen (also lanyardable).
  • Presumably anyone spending time reading this is a procrastinating lazy workhours-embezzling slacker. However I wondered if anyone had any tips for organisation. I figure I might benefit from a real PDA, and maybe use of an online syncable calendar. I'm also thinking of splashing for a Powerbook, and wondered if anyone had had dire experiences, trying to make it as a Mac user in a PC environment. Any hot tips?


    Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]