Monday, April 18, 2005

I ate at Quaglino's on Saturday. It's one of relatively few restaurants that are actually correctly apostrophized (McDonald's being another example). I am beginning to go insane when I hear people incorrectly say that they "ate at Mezzo's", or that they "couldn't get a table at Nobu's". Some restaurants are obviously immune, e.g. The Ivy, whereas others are horribly prone to this plague e.g. J Sheekey's (sic). I think this only way to stamp out this verbal pecadillo is to overuse it, until everyone is as sick of it as me. So if you catch me saying that I had a "great dim sum at Yauatcha's", or that I'm "sick of the curries at Busaba's", you'll know it's not irony but hate.

  • There's definitely only one link on my mind today: The Monkey SWAT Team. Too awesome.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]