Friday, March 18, 2005

Me and Lindsay
I've previously complained about people borrowing images directly off my server to use as avatars on message boards. Bandwidth is practically free, but not so free that I want to give it away.
Now though I face a new problem. Search for "lindsay lohan" on Altavista image search, and the picture shown, as hosted on my server, is the number one result. I wouldn't fuss about it excessively, but the thousands of hits do mess up my webstats. I like people to visit here for the fine original content, the esoteric links, and what passes for intelligent lively debate in the comments. I'm not so keen on them dropping by merely to ogle teen breasts.
I could just change the name of the file on my server and forget about it, but I thought it might be funnier to hold a little competition.
Phase 1: Based on reader suggestions, substitute something suitably obscene/vile/hilarious for the Lohan picture.
Phase 2: Award a small prize for the best screen shot demonstrating said image in incongruous placement on the web.
Phase 1 starts as of now. Please suggest pictures via the comments, and I shall make the substitution at midnight on Monday. I imagine that will leave approximately 48 hours for Phase 2, before the Google and Altavista bots realise their mistake.

  • If you are determinedly here for Lohan content, then I recommend pagesixsixsix.com, where blogger Perez Hilton gives great gossip on his beloved "Hohan".
  • Cowbell Tiara is like, the most Japanese thing on earth. Nice pictures though.
  • Mobile phone shaped tombstone, the ultimate (Israeli) chav status symbol.
  • Once upon I time, I thought "retro" was a grave insult, now I'm actually linking to a flash version of Kaboom!
  • Spoke mounted double sided air writing device. Best bicycle hack ever? It's wheelie wheelie good.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]