Saturday, March 05, 2005

Life imitates art, in a prosaic Heat Magazine-ish way.
In last night's episode of Nathan Barley, hero Dan Ashcroft passes out in a pile of paint cans, and wakes up with paint in his hair. When pressed by the idiot savant Nathan, he pretends the style is called "Geek Pie", and through Nathan's foolish copying, inadvertently spawns a Tokyo fashion trend.
Having crawled out of bed to visit my optician this morning I saw Julian Barratt (who plays Dan Ashcroft) on Upper St. He didn't actually have paint in his hair, but he did look mightily hung over and dishevelled. My eyes did have some residual fluorescein staining, but truly he looked like a wreck.
Perhaps Barratt had been drinking away his sorrows. Unfortunately for Chris Morris, and all else involved, Nathan Barley appears to be bombing. Last Friday was (according to Media Guardian) Channel 4's "second worst Friday evening in over a decade". I quite like the show, it's just not as cringingly funny, or as clever as Curb Your Enthusiasm.

  • Turns out McNugget Numbers are way cooler than Mersenne Primes anyway.
  • Electroplankton is the only game that's got me even halfway excited about the Nintendo DS. (I tried the DS in Tokyo, and it sucked compared to the PSP.)
  • I really love my new Nike Considered Boots. They look like Visvims crossed with Air Wovens, and they come with a free eco-shoulder bag. (Huge thank you to Nixta, who queued up in the snow at the NYC launch for me.)

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]