Monday, March 21, 2005

I'm drunk and I'm angry.
Drunken blogging is such a nicht nicht, but tonight I'm incensed. Tonight a certain pub-quiz team-mate made a unilateral decision to wrongly overule me. The question in question was: "In which 70's TV show did Mr Roarke, played by Ricardo Montalban, grant visitors any wish they desired?". The correct answer, which I supplied was naturally, Fantasy Island. I perhaps had discredited myself by single handedly attempting to drink my way through last week's prize of £40 of beer, but I didn't deserve unfounded over-ruling. The theme for the round was "lyrics to "Bohemian Rhapsody"", of which the second line was "Is this just fantasy...", but somehow that line was forgotten in the melee of the Florence quiz. Instead, infidels and scoundrels undermined my self-imagined status as quiz-captain extraordinaire, by incorrectly secretly jotting down "One Wish" as the supposed answer, Friendships have been destroyed for lesser reasons. As it was, we won "a bottle of house wine", instead of the more prestigious, but less welcome, "dinner for two". I'm holding this grudge until further notice.

More stuff on the ol' interweb:

  • Sealice=evil, box jellyfish=frickin satanic
  • Google X, for moments when you're too drunk to remember all the neato crap google does these days.
  • Everything has motion sensors: Game Boy Color, PC Joypad, Powerbook.
  • A joke I don't get: rufus.ishavingamassage.com. I feel excluded by the nerd crowd.
  • SBTG gets his incredible customised Nikes into the NYT. Did somebody say "mainstream sell-out biznitches"?
  • A guide to ethnic fried doughs around the world.
  • When I get married I want a giant three tiered pork pie, for a wedding cake.
  • The Actroid Reception Robot is the creepiest proto-humanoid since Realdoll (NSFW)
  • Everything looks better in Slooowwww Moootttiiioooon.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]