Saturday, March 26, 2005

Handy PSP Links
I've played my PSP solidly for a week, and I'm utterly impressed. It looks sexier than any gadget ever, and the games I've played (Ridge Racers and Tony Hawk) are essentially perfect PS2 ports. I did have a couple of small gripes, but it seems they've all been fixed:

  • The PSP only takes new Memory Stick Duos, but if you're determinedly cheap there's a convertor kit, to let you use old style Memory Sticks.
  • The video encoding is a nightmare, particularly on the Mac. However I have found these torrents of preconverted movies, and these these two bits of great software, that make it easy.
  • Most games are enabled for "Ad-Hoc" local wireless network play, but not "Infrastructure" internet play, luckily Kai X-link lets you play any game globally. Awesome.
  • The standby function is great, but there is a slight delay as you "un-standby", however there's now new Japanese firmware that fixes that.
  • Overall I'm just absolutely enamoured. The only thing lacking at present is a web-browser. I'm guessing it can't be long till some homebrew genius releases one though.


    Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]