Thursday, March 17, 2005

For reasons that are strangely both lascivious and prosaic, this site is currently getting over one thousand hits a day. I thought it might be worth promoting something that counts, rather than the usual trivialities. Tonight I hit the private view for Annie Morris' new show at the Laura Bartlett Gallery in Bermondsey. She's a friend, and I'm clearly biased so I won't eulogise excessively. However she paints fantastic female nudes, in a variety of media, including her peg pictures as shown. The show runs until April 23rd and has my absolute recommendation. The private view was suitably celeb studded, and ordinarily it would be gauche to name-drop. However I did make one notable famous acquaintance: Lucy Liu. After extremely mixed previous celeb encounters, I was ultra-wary of schmoozing Ms Liu. However to my delight, upon being introduced (not at my insistence), she said I was "dressed extremely dashingly", and proceeded to take my photo, not once but twice. Consider me star-struck.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]