Sunday, December 05, 2004

Guess who's back?
C'est moi, returned from my travels. I'd like to say a huge thank you to Waxy for holding the fort these past two weeks while I idled round the orient. I hope it was a worthwhile experiment for him, and just maybe he might like to start his own blog.
I'm still horribly jetlagged, and I've got over 300 photos to upload, so I won't start on the Japan reminiscence just yet. I do however have two weeks worth of link-o-memes to catch up with, so without further ado:

  • The Visible Barbie Project, a doll autopsy that recalls that other internet classic, Secrets of the Magic 8-Ball.
  • Don't go getting your street slang from the NYT, try Streetstyle, a gallery of unflawsable, iight, ghetto outfits, with incredible hilarious user comments:
    "Christ almighty kid! I feel like your momma after she gets home from the local watering hole smelling like Jim Beam and Lester the Busdriver's Drakkar Noir. I mean its cool if I play along with this and slur like your momma stumbling down the hall with you standing there, "Hey bwoy you smoke all my methols bwoy? I'm finna beat yo a** bwoy." On artistic merit alone and really putting me in your own personal world, I give it a 10."
  • Tokyo has this weird vermin, bigger than a mouse, but smaller that a conventional gaijin rat. They could probably do with hiring Stephen Petren, the Clint Eastwood of amateur exterminators.
  • I like to say a huge "f*ck y'all" to Blogger, who firstly don't have the word "blog" in their spellcheck dictionary, and secondly only use Japanese text when you log in from Japan. Morons.
  • From Is Google God?:
    "In the past three years, Google has gone from processing 100 million searches per day to over 200 million searches per day. And get this: only one-third come from inside the U.S."
    Americans, you sometimes suck. (Though incidentally Google clearly is God.)
  • No Free Lunch the anti-drug rep site have organised a pen amnesty, whereas Band Aid Dilemma have organised their own amnesty of a more amusing sort for unloved Band Aid singles.
  • Ant Arena and Fly The Copter, neat flash games from South Coast Diaries.
  • Oddly there are two famous people called Nicholas van Hoogstraten. One is a millionaire, murderer and, slum lord, whom you might like to punch; the other writes campy musical comedies for the screen.
  • Excellent Lego timeline.
  • After seeing geoducks at the Tsukiji fish market, I rowed with the GF about what they are called. She said geoduck was only Pokemon No. 100, while I knew all along, that a geoduck is the correct name for this incredible 150 year old, 39 inch, rather phallic bivalve.
  • From a rubbish Observer article about the gawker stable, two awful puns: "New kids on the blog", and worse still, "Just for clicks."
  • Miss Penitenciaria SP, the beauty contest for Sao Paulo's hottest current female convicts.
  • Cluster ballooning rules. But you probably already knew that, having seen the link everywhere already.
  • The Gulf You Are Looking For Does Not Exist. An amusing little googlewhack.
  • Crash Test Dummies Olympics, more flash procrastinatory fodder.
  • I can't commend Twinkler enough as a source of never-ending inspiration. Here's my list of plans for the future, garnered from other people's aspirations.(Though I might scratch Cuthbert in favour of Jessica Simpson dressed as Daisy Duke)
  • Wrath, yet another (brief) flash diversion.
  • Clear your diaries for the 16th: gWem are headlining La Microparty. Who ever needed an excuse to go to Paris?
  • And finally (at last): Mischa Barton and Falkor (from Neverending Story), an uncanny likeness.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]