Friday, October 29, 2004

  • Matt Alvarez is the genius who got me hooked on giant pumpkin growing. He hails from Circleville, home of key Ohio swing voters, and home to the world's biggest pumpkins. He sends news that his optometrist won this year's pumpkinfest with a world record 1353lb monster pumpkin. I shall have to re-double my pumpkin growing efforts next season.
  • The much heralded Nike x Harris Tweed Terminator Low dropped in London on Wednesday. Only Niketown and Size? got them, but a single person visited on the first day and bought every single pair of size 7 and above. The weird thing is having cornered the UK market, the shoes haven't showed up on eBay yet. If I had £24,000 worth of sneaks to offload, I'd be wanting to do it fast before the imminent US release date.
  • The Skew Manifesto called for the creation of an entirely new form of dance music to be created before December 5th. It seems that the Skew meme has been a grand success, because the album will be released on the A Scholar And A Physician label. A sample track is available for those who can't wait.
  • I've been loving hack-a-day, but I don't think they covered this yet: Project Cryo, a mouse case-mod to embed a cryogenically frozen Lego man. It just needs the tiny frozen Lego Han Solo for extra geek-cred.
  • The Lego robot that plays Mario is pretty sweet, but could it play Grandtheftendo? (both via, like, everywhere). And on that note I must abandon you, for "GTA: San Andreas" is calling me, and may continue to do so for the next 100hrs of gameplay.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]