Saturday, September 25, 2004


Standing in a queue for three hours with assorted japanese, HK, and oddly northern "sneakerologists", turned out to be way more fun than expected. People realy rocked some crazy rare shoes. Even a light shower would have caused at least $50k of damage to some of the finest deadstock sneaks ever seen on London's streets. People queued up for more than 24 hours, so I felt pretty lucky just to get my pair of Dunkles at all. However it got better: celebrity sightings (James Lavelle, Collie_27), free beer, free pizza, and incredibly I won a "golden ticket". Concealed in my pizza slice, a ticket inviting me to "..return at 9pm on the last Friday in September. You may bring one relative, and one relative only...", to collect a mystery prize. I truly was like a happy spoiled little Veruca Salt, I half expected squirrels to try and bundle me down a garbage shute.

  • Michel Gondry's timelapse coast to coast 3 minute road movie
  • Kershner dishes some of the best ever gossip about SW:TESB: naked wookies, broken R2s, 9ft Yodas.
  • John Kerry and the Swiftboat: the video game.
  • I though Checkpoint by Nicolson Baker was his worst book ever, not least because of the stupid fantasy about a giant boulder crushing Bush. But you know what? That really can happen to a person, and on reality TV too.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]