Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Me, Osama Bin Laden, and a man called Hash

On Monday I reduced my "degrees of separation" from Osama Bin Laden, down from 2 to just 1. I met a man called Francis Witt at a party, who actually interviewed Osama in Saudi in 1996. On a similar "interconnectedness of everyone" theme, I made a most unlikely reacquaintance today. Back in 2000, I spent 3 months living in Cape Town. As far as I could tell, the funnest guy in all of CT, was called Hash. True to his comedy moniker he was always loaded with primo "dagga", and perpetually the aggressively extrovert life and soul of any party. I hadn't thought of him in almost 4 years, however looking up from a particularly tedious operation today, I was shocked to see him anaesthetising my patient. For reasons of professionalism I shan't reveal his new "serious doctor" name, but rest assured he doesn't go by "Hash" any more. Conclusion: "It's a small world after all" (Turn down volume if at work).

  • Booing, so hot right now:50 Cent and The Rasmus booed and bottled off stage at Reading, so best, Babs, Jenna, Alexandra, and Vanessa booed at the VMAs, and unsurprisingly Michael Moore booed at the RNC.

  • Zvezdochka: The name of a crazy new nike trainer, a cosmonaut dog, and the world's leading nuclear sub shipyard.

  • Please can someone tell me whether Opera for phones, is better than the regular Nokia browser, before I invest in a bluetooth adapter for my iMac, in order to upload it.

  • Good to see Kim Jong-Il getting the recognition he deserves, condolences as regards the death of your wife/mistress sir.

  • Complex Magazine interview tons of sneaker-boutique owners and headz about the new new sneaker boom.

  • Win the new Meth kicks: Nike Blazer Vs Khmer Rouge custom, some say oddest collab ever.

  • Lucy Pinder (NSFW) is the new Kelly Brook, and that's like official.

  • Win an internship in the viewaskewniverse in time for the legend ruining atrocity that will be Clerks 2.

  • Mini graffiti round up: native weapon, buff monster, and overtime and understand.

  • Yeti Sports 6

  • What happens when cartoon characters mate, meet, or just plain fornicate.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]