Thursday, September 02, 2004

The launch party for my father's latest book, The Promise of Happiness, was last night at Bloomsbury in Soho Square. I think it's a truism that free alcohol gets you twice as drunk, for truly I was the very model of insobriety. This month Vice made talking about your job at parties a big DON'T. After last night I think I'm in agreement. You know how it is; you meet a nice girl at a party, she starts talking about her career modelling, and in the movies, conversation turns to your career, and suddenly you're having a discussion about vaginas again. It's an occupational hazard I never foresaw when I entered obstetrics. To paraphrase Steve Redgrave, if you catch me talking about my career at a party again, "you've got my permission to shoot me".

  • Deeply satisfying and bloody, stickman archery game.

  • How the Underground would look if South London had won.

  • Unlike all the fake celebrity blogs, Dave Navarro's blog is real. Why would someone so overexposed as Dave have a blog? Other fans have wondered that too: "Q: By the way, what is up with all the media whore celebrity crap? A:It's a long story, but Paris and I made this bet and, well, so far she is in the lead."

  • Dawn of the Dead (2004 isn't on DVD for a whole month, but you can get in the mood now with an excellent zombie meme.

  • Vending Machine Prizes Spectacular, including a really creepy machine that lets you feed a live cricket to a baby quail for 25c.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]