Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Ever since my frustrations trying to load games from tape to my BBC Electron, aged 7, I've been conditioned for maladaptive responses to flawed technology. Over the weekend something at Blogger broke, which is why you're reading this here, not at howithappened.com. I've practically killed myself trying to figure out the complexities of bizarre error messages conveyed between incompatible web servers. Now I've given up trying to fix it. I'm just waiting for it to fix itself. Instead I've expended my anger in a flurry of consumerism. I now present eight things we all ought to invest in, instead of saving up for a deposit on a postage stamp sized flat:
1. Upper Playground Vs Ricky Powell Sneaker.
2. Supreme Vs Kate Moss 10th Anniversary Tee. I picked mine up on the 'Bay, where prices have considerably cooled after an initial bubble.
3. The Personal Ski Machine, an $11k jet boat, that you can drive while wake boarding behind it. Rad is the word.
4. Spy Robot is a remote control claw, with a voice recorder. An undeniably essential purchase.
5. You have to order Sneaker Freaker from Australia, environmentally unfriendly but dammit, it's by far the best sneaker bible out there.
6. I recommended them only on Friday, and Sock Darts are already selling out. Buy buy buy!
7. Is it illegal to include two Supreme things in one list? Because Arkitip 024, The Supreme Issue looks fricking tigs.
8. A giant secret underground cinema/bar/restaurant in an ancient Roman quarry hidden below a major metropolis. So you can't just pop out and buy this, but I seriously want one anyway.
If all that cool stuff makes you feel guilty, assuage your conscience with a community benefitting political act: petition Apple for an iPod firmware update that enables gapless playback. Every aspiring Pod-DJ needs it so bad.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]