Thursday, August 26, 2004



I know most of you are now strangers, not actual friends, but please bear with me for an indulgent personal post. I've had the strangest 24 hours. It began with a protracted session of square sake and round okonomiyaki (above, via moblog!!). Then followed the most appalling work shift of seemingly endless operative deliveries. After delivering a baby I'm always hopeful that the parents might choose to call it Rufus. That never happens. Nor do they ever send champagne or cigars. The best I ever do is the odd thank you card (which is still much appreciated). However today, as I had nearly dropped dead from exhaustion, a new father offered me his newborn daughter's hand in marriage when she turned 18. Best thank you present ever? I was so tired I struggled to do the math. Me, as a 45 year old, in need of a second, or perhaps third wife, in an arranged marriage with an unwilling south London teenager. You'll be pleased to know that I had the good grace to decline. But for a moment it was very tempting.
The oddness continues in the linkage:
  • Graham Coxon (Real or WMA) remixes Triple Trouble for the new Beastie Boys single.

  • Cricket fighting now illegal, and before I could even get into it.

  • And I swear you couldn't make this up: despite inventing the word zeitgeist, Teutons plunge new depths of uber-unhipness with Pissing Fingers, the world's only pro-finger skating DVD, starring Chris "Mad" Tail. Go forth young meme and multiply, soon may college students and nerds everywhere be chuckling at your mid-european madness.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]