Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Drinking, gambling, and reality TV
It's my position that even moderate consumption of reality TV is a mind numbing vice; and that if you want to indulge you ought to keep it private. However today I'm making an exception, because there's money at stake. Following the grand success of my predicting Greece's astonishing Euro 2004 win, I rolled the £30 winnings into a crazed 10 to 1 shot on Stuart to win Big Brother 5. For the sensible non-BB5 watchers, Stuart is a good looking, normalish, amicable chap, who is competing against three campy drama queens and one wimpy art student. I was sure 10 to 1 was great odds, given that teen girls contribute most of the vote, and that the other housemates are obnoxious lunatics. How wrong I was. Head over to Best Betting to discover that poor Stu is now a 50 to 1 outsider to win. All the money has gone on demented Portugese transexual Nadia. Please gallant, loyal readers, make my dream come true and vote Stu.

  • "CIA asks Bush to discontinue blog." These kind of "blogging-receives-mainstream-attention" type links, are just irresistible to insecure bloggers. This rather poorly conceived spoof (which rips off Bill Clinton's Blog) has been no.1 on the blogdex ever since it was published.

  • Robots are now outside the law on the streets of Tokyo, or should that be Neo-Tokyo?

  • Some people don't just watch The Chappelle show for the celebrity reminiscences about the glory days of cocaine, some of us watch it for the shoes. Dave has an astonishing collection of Nike Dunks, wearing a different boxfresh pair for each and every show. So when I saw the news that Dave had scored $50mil for series 3 and 4, and was "vacationing in Paris", I got a little hunch what he might be buying to celebrate. I'm wearing Paris Dunk SBs bitch! (That joke will nevarr stop being funny.)

  • Getting linked by an a-lister (stare hard at the word piece) is so completely b-list; I couldn't be more proud, baby I've made it!

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]