Saturday, June 26, 2004

The latest internet celeb......moi?
This morning I returned from a galling sleepless night shift via Bond Street station. Utterly bleary eyed ascending the escalator, I noticed two guys rather pointedly looking at me. At the top of the escalator I strode off toward the exit, but was stopped in my tracks as a lilting South African accent said, "Is that Dr Rufus?".
I turned round to see the same two gentlemen, and struggled to place them. I'm notoriously bad at remembering names and faces, and I really couldn't identify either of them. In my confusion one of them stepped forward to say hello, and explained, almost unbelievably, that he read this blog on the internet, and recognised me from my shoes (Nutmeg/Spice/Dark Orange/Cane Nike Air Wovens).
I was absolutely flabbergasted. Such a chance meeting seems vanishingly unlikely; with probably no more than about 200 regular readers I had hitherto been feeling snugly anonymous, lost in the vast wilds of the interweb. There's not more than a smattering of photos of me spread across this whole site.
Shocked and stunned though I was, I can hardly pretend this incident wasn't rather gratifying. I would be very pleased if my mystery reader(s) could make themselves known via the comments to confirm that this wasn't just some crazy insomniac delusion.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]