Thursday, May 27, 2004



Now summer has almost arrived, I'm spending most of my time gardening and hanging out in the sun. That hardly makes for exciting blogging. No-one could care less that my courgettes are in flower, or that the asparagus season has been a triumph. I am however engaged in a fierce and exciting pumpkin growing battle with "Bootsie" Howes and Jonky. The pumpkin weigh-in is due for Halloween, following which the pumpkins will be hollowed out and used as organic coracles. So far my results have been less than impressive.

  • An exhibition of rare sample sneakers and customs is coming to my 'hood.

  • Those nasty people at MooreWatch have suggested that the very rich Michael Moore should release Fahrenheit 911 as a BitTorrent. Though I'm equally dubious about Moore's exacting journalistic standards, this is a little unfair on him, seeing as he doesn't actually own the movie. It would be a blow to Bush to see 911 released on the internet early, but I can't imagine Bob Weinstein agreeing to it.

  • My uncle is obsessed with Lance Armstrong, so much so that he made us sit through hours of Tour de France footage between the courses of this years Christmas lunch. With him in mind I much enjoyed this slick Nike ad showing tough ol' Lance racing, trains, geese, buffalo, and even other cyclists.

  • Though I profess to loathe reality TV, last night's show "Jimmy's Farm" on BBC 2 is an absolute must watch. It documents hapless Jimmy, a 28 year old entomologist, in his feckless efforts to set up and run a rare breed pig farm. In the opening episode he blew almost the entire £55k budget before a single pig had moved in. The crowning glory of many many mishaps was an unattended bonfire, that blew out of control, closing the A14, and requiring 5 fire engines and RAF surveillance to save the railway line. The show is utterly compelling, quite overshadowing Gordon Ramsey's hapless D-listers on ITV.

  • Lastly CutChemist.com has a beautiful GUI to rival JKRowling.com, and a stack of awesome tracks, including a great "Concrete Schoolyard" reworking. (And incidentally the Y Tu Potter Tambien buzz that is Azkaban has my total seal of approval.)

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]