Monday, May 03, 2004

My apologies to Dr. Rufus and his suffering readership for the lack of a post yesterday (and my gratitude to the aforementioned medical practitioner for filling the void of Saturday), but in honour of Mexico's predominantly Roman Catholic populace, I though we'd observe a day of rest. It was just Easter after all.

Last night was an odd vibe at a good chum's 30th. I think it must have been justice meted to me for not bringing him a present.
Perhaps I should explain that Bear's Blood is a Slovenian home-distilled berry-based delicacy of the heart-cockle-warming variety. On the way through it will also warm your tongue, throat, and teeth and can be used to fuel model aeroplanes (and *still* be drunk afterwards just as effectively). One of the few pages that Google returns actually mentions the restaurant where we bought it. I also have a bottle of much less palatable Perla (distilled by Jaka, the culinary genius of a proprietor, using traditional techniques and a herb unique to Slovenia added one imagines for flavour (of which this has none that is pleasant)). One sip and you're plastered. Perla fuels real aeroplanes.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]