Friday, May 14, 2004

Blogger got some new interface and design shizzle goin down. I played around with the features and as far as I can see they are mostly a disaster. I often have trouble with my existing commenting system, but the new Blogger in-house system was painfully cumbersome. If you are having prohibitive difficulties with my commenting, tell me about it and I'll trial an alternative system. However the new features have inspired me to make a direct steal from Nick Catchdubs; the main body of each post will continue look like this, e.g. plain text paragraphs, but the mini links are now going to be bullet pointed. See that starts here:

  • Good to see my Alma Mater involved in an internet sex scandal. (via Grauni Sam)

  • I haven't got a birthday coming up for 10 months, but when it does roll around I want a Robo Sapien.

  • The Earth Impacts Effects Simulator lets you explore in nerdy non-graphical glory the devastation that would be wreaked by various sizes of meteor and comet blasting through our atmosphere. A 10m wide asteroid crashing in Hoxton would make a 1500ft crater and smash every window within 6km. This happens somewhere on earth every 12 years! This is the stuff the internet was born for.

  • Taquitos.net are way way too into potato snacks, but they get mad props for their byline: "The web just got less useful."

  • Rumour has it that Gabriel Coxhead's nekkid ass was splashed across Channel 4 last night. I missed it, 'cos I was busy delivering babies, but if you Tivoed it, you just know my gmail account is itching for a chunky file like that.

  • Being truly famous means having an eight page interview on Channel 4 Teletext. Turn to page 479 to learn more about Tom McRae.


  • Things That Were Unexpectedly Excellent About Mexico (The 4th And Possibly Final Part)


    Mexicans are really astonishingly porky. Perhaps that's due to the constant diet of fried pig and melted cheese, or it might be due to this kick-ass vehicle at the airport. It's like a single decker bus on hydraulic jacks. You walk onto it directly out of the plane door, and it delivers you to the gate, adjusting to the appropriate height as it goes. It saves a bunch of calories compared to trundling down the sloping corridor thing or trucking up the stupid mobile stairs.

    Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville is the gaudiest theme restaurant in all Cancun. The waitresses wear coconut shell bikinis, the waiters force you to wear balloon sculpture hats, and there's a giant volcano that erupts periodically with a fountain of margarita. It's actually completely awful in so many ways that you can't help but have a great time. It also makes a good excuse to host the Tenacious D reworking of the eponymous song: Marijuanaville. (Note to the RIAA lawyers. As far as I know this is a bootleg live recording of a classic yet unreleased track, and no copyrights have been infringed in the posting. Possibly the downloaders are stealing intellectual property, but what the heck. Anyhoo, basically I'm a wussy MP3 poster and I'll be ceasing and desisting my own ass at the merest sniff of a attorney's letter.)

    Comments: Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]