Monday, April 12, 2004

One day late, but better late than never. As Dr. Rufus so kindly mentioned in his last post, I will be holding the fort for a little while here while he soaks up the snow and basks in the alpine sun. Is one allowed to link back to one's own blog? Since it's not really mine, I think I can get away with it. [ Did you know that Blogger's spell checker doesn't recognise "blog"? Ed. ]

Petrified by being asked to step up to the plate thusly, and being a virgin blogger, I spent the past few days with my feet bedecked in the finest sneakers my money has been able to buy while I dreamt of exotic cocktails in the hope that I would be "beaten roughly among the eyes until the bleeding becomes" by HowItHappenedesque inspiration. Finally, after 14 hours of walking around Cambridge (the visit to which was the major reason I was tardy in my posting), I found myself being regaled by a man in a bin.

Now, I live (very ordinarily) in New York, and as if that weren't bad enough, I live by the East Village. I have seen many loonies there or thereabouts, but I have never been serenaded, let alone by an Oscar wannabe loonie (see the entry for Mad Charlie about half way down this page).

Turns out this chap does much crooning. When I mentioned the incident to Skankmeister it turns out that he knows the chap (through a mutual friend, you understand) and that his name is Charlie and he owns a punt. Apparently Charlie's Punt can be hired for a mere £10 an hour.

And I shan't be reading any comments, so I shan't have to protect myself from them.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]