Thursday, April 22, 2004



I was in an unremittingly negative mood today. The electricity blew at the GFs flat at 00.30a.m. Ordinarily I would have been cool with no power: I like a romantic candlelit evening as much as the next guy. However my fish live chez-GF, and due to their 24 need of heat and filtration we had to call out the emergency electrician. A pair of portly gentlemen arrived in a white van, spent about 30 seconds poking about with a funny red torch that hummed near high voltage (looked like a Harry Potter wand). They announced the enormous costs involved with replacing the whole fusebox, then charged £217 for seemingly changing a fuse. I felt vulnerable, ripped off, and grateful all at once. However I got very little sleep, and then had to spend the whole day assisting at a very long operation, feeling extremely sorry for myself.
To cheer myself up I toured the second hand shops of Brick Lane. I've been really running out of trainers to buy. In desperation I had picked up these mini-Air Woven's due to a dearth of them on eBay. (Curses Bill Murray!) I found nothing in Brick Lane except a pair of deadstock 1992 Nike Golf shoes, even I can resist that. Then I got home to discover my inbox brimming with delights: gmail had offered me an email address (rufus.cartwright@gmail.com), this hilarious photo of a car number plate still in my camera, and a glorious photo of me crowdsurfing at my birthday. Hooray! Those three small things turned my day around. Please send me some email, I'd like to test the 1gig limit.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]