Saturday, April 10, 2004

I try my hardest not to spread any viral marketing, but Subservient Chicken does rule. If you want to spoil the fun, geeks have reverse engineered the lists of stuff the chicken will and won't do.

DVD pick 'o' the week is Buffalo Soldiers. It's smart, funny, and very sad. The casting is inspired: Joaquin Phoenix as a heroin dealing smart alec, Anna Paquin as his love interest, and Ed Harris as the ineffectual Colonel. I'm a sucker for eighties retro, but the movie as a whole is very zeigeisty. Plus for philosophiles you get a voice-over quoting Nietzsche during the climactic scene.

I'm currently packing for a week's snowboarding in Argentiere. I couldn't bear to let the blog lie fallow. Instead I leave you in the capable hands of Mr Nixta. His posts should kick off tomorrow, and I may butt in occasionally during next week. Please treat him kindly in your comments. He may not be able to handle the abrasiveness to which I have become resigned.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]