Monday, April 19, 2004

Huh? No posts over the weekend? Well it seems the sky didn't fall in after all. I make this my official announcement: that daily posting can no longer be expected. I'm only back in London for five days, then I'm off again to distant shores. Nick has done a formidable job during the last week, but I'm not sure he needs this burden again. I didn't post over the weekend because I was too busy having actual fun. After insanely heavy snow fall on Wednesday and Thursday we just rode solidly. Argentiere is the world's greatest place for off piste mayhem. I don't think I've ever had such remarkable snow. On Saturday I got to ride with three pros. I tagged along trying to pull lame 360s and little mutes, while they were busting out huge misties and all manner of spins. I almost had the feeling that if I devoted myself to snowboarding for a whole season, I too might master the cab 900.
The apres hours were spent in a tiny dive called the 09 Bar. I'm not sure the French licensing authorities have understood the name. The bar is so cool, over half is devoted to a half-pipe. Into the remaining space they've crammed a pool table and a Cactus Canyon pinball machine. I was in piggy heaven until I almost brained myself trying to drop in after a heavy sesh of Fernet and 1664.
I woke on Sunday with an all-time killer headache having to bust my sorry ass back to Heathrow. How I missed the London rains.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]