Monday, March 22, 2004

Not wishing to sound too Pekaresque, but a small thing really brightened my day today. Usually I work in outsized blue pajamas and white rubber wellies. I wear only XL sizes, in order to retain some semblance of fashionability. The scrubs are perpetually stained by other people's blood, amniotic fluid, and biro ink. They never smell entirely clean, despite the heroic efforts and lost lives that go into sterilizing them. Today however was a red letter day in the world of laundry services. We got a special consignment of brand new XL scrubs. The regular scrubs are folded by robot, but these were lovingly hand pressed. They had a rich blue hue, which made me feel totally senatorial. The slight itchiness from the new starch, far from being irritating, actually served to remind me all morning how extra snazzy I was looking.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]