Tuesday, March 30, 2004

"It's not too much of a worry. There's only about 6 people in Manchester with telephones. They only just got fire you know.", says some joker at slashdot with reference to the Manchester fire that has cut off 130,000 phonelines. Rumour has it that the fire is in one of the fifties nuclear bunkers under Manchester. With thoughts of the dirty bombs that will "inevitably" rain on London, and the affordability of tiny geiger counters, I decided to investigate where my nearest nuclear shelter might be. I figure my skills as a junior obstetrician probably won't be that handy in the face of nuclear fallout, but might be enough to get me into one of the deep shelters. Unfortunately, my nearest shelter, seems to have been turned into a gym. Nice to know I will be able to attend a spinning class during the final hours before my body is entirely ionised.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]