Sunday, February 08, 2004



I know hotornot is tired, but Am I A Good Parody Of "Am I Hot Or Not?" Or Not? is so recursive and post-postmodern that it reminds me of why I'll never understand Baudrillard.

Oneword invite you to write about just one word for just one minute. Sounds unpromising, but works well. Urban Dictionary has a competitor too: PseudoDictionary which positively invites you to add words you've made up. (Rather cleverly you can also access the site at psUEdodictionary.com)

My word of the day is dakimakura (probably only SFW if you work from home, and your spouse isn't peering over your shoulder), which is a big japanese pillow for humping. Microsoft are giving them away to promote DOAX. (BTW DOAX sucks, definitely not worth buying, but I'm sure the cute Kasumi pillows will be on EbayJapan soon enough.)

I am working night shifts at the moment, hence the preponderance of linkage, and lack of actuality. I shall miss the BBC4 documentary on Tetris tomorrow night. However the official tetris site has a brilliant technique for high scoring. I can't believe I never figured this out for myself. I must have played over a squillion games of Tetris without trying it, and yet this is a technique I used to employ liberally in Dr Mario.

Oh wait, one thing has happened to me. I saw some traceurs practicing a little Le Parkour, at an area near Waterloo called "the leap of faith". The only leap of faith evident, was believing that a bunch of Lambeth chavs (there's that word again) would ever grow up to be like David Belle.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]