Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I have a book to recommend. Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, by Cory Doctorow is a funny sci fi book set in Disneyland. It's easily the best book I've read about themeparks since Civilwarland in Bad Decline. It combines the snappy zeitgeisty style of Douglas Coupland's Microserfs, with the insightful futuristic vision of William Gibson. If you like you can download the book for free (and legally), but clicking through the links above will now pay me 15% of the cover price. I'll get paid more per copy than the author. I don't have any hosting costs for this site, the domain name cost only $7.95, and the time spent writing it is mostly embezzled from the NHS. I can hardly therefore claim that buying stuff via those links helps support this site. It will support my efforts to retire by 35 though, so get shopping.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]