Saturday, February 14, 2004



I am an inveterate collector: tiki mugs, Nike Air Wovens, action figures, DVDs, death masks, matchboxes, Moog records. My collecting knows no bounds. Despite maintaining about fifty different collections I realised yesterday that only 4 are actually complete. I own every Series 1 "Power of the Force" Star Wars figure (all carded naturally). I have every 2001 Star Wars tazo. I have every issue of Grand Royal magazine (all 6). And oddly I own every single Blake Babies record. I don't even like that band much, I always thought they were just a Lemonheads spin-off. But anyway I own the entire discography. Thus it was mildly interesting for me to learn that Juliana Hatfield, whose first band were the Blake Babies, has a new band. Only mildly interesting mind. It's one of the great displeasures of collecting that once you actually complete a collection, your interest is bound to wane.

My Groo the Wanderer collection is almost complete from issues 1 through 200. Mark Evanier wrote that fine comic, and again I was mildly interested to discover he has a blog. This immediately prompted me to check on eBay to discover that like every other "collectible" I own, the comics are now worthless. The Onion suggested why this might be.

The Yeti is back, and this time he's angry.

The Beatle's lawyers have been so thorough with their cease 'n' desist orders that even eBay have had to stop the ongoing Grey Album auctions. Luckily my copy is secured. For those who missed out though the whole album is available for download.

The American Dialect Society have published their words of the year 2003. . Like, apparently they voted like, for "LIKE" to be word most likely to suceed in like way back like 1986, so like you'd like figure these were pretty like good predictions. The banned words 2004 list has a few of the same candidates. My word of the year would be Stendhal Syndrome, which is also a bad Asia Argento movie.

Gorgoroth rock harder, than any other band ever. They make Marilyn Manson look like a wussy little cry baby.

And finally confirmation that I am not alone in failing to distinguish between the ginormous spam heads Ant and Dec. 7 out of 10 are with me in being utterly unable to tell these two ass hats apart.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]